The Friends of the Pearce-Sunsites Community Library, Inc. (“Friends”) is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to:
- Maintain the Sunsites Community Library facilities
The Friends own the land and the buildings. We pay for all of the utilities, upkeep, and grounds maintenance.
- Help provide volunteers for events and activities that support library operations
You’ll find members of the Friends volunteering their time inside the library, running the bookstore, and operating every fundraising event.
- Foster a beneficial relationship between the library and the community
The Friends are passionate about the value our library brings to the community, and we encourage the community to participate in its success.
Our board members, committee members, and bookstore clerks are all volunteers from the local community. We treasure our beautiful library and bookstore, and we view them as essential resources. You are welcome to join us, and we’d love to have you!
We offer two ways to join or renew your membership:
- Visit the library and pick up a membership form. Fill out the form and pay your dues with cash or a check.
- Click one of the membership buttons below. We use PayPal for online payment processing, which means you can use a credit card, debit card, e-check, or your own PayPal account. You are not required to have a PayPal account to use this service.
IF YOU PAY ONLINE, please be sure to click the “write a note” option on the PayPal page and enter the mailing address you would like us to record with your membership. This information is never shared outside our organization.
Your dues donation grants you membership in the Friends for one year. When your expiration date approaches, we’ll contact you with a renewal reminder. Renewals extend your membership for one year from your expiration date or your renewal date, whichever is later.